Monday, December 31, 2012

Where are these cricketers?

Both my favorite batsman Gambir and my smart mobile failed. The only difference was, my mobile failed for the first time.

I wish Gambir watches the video clippings of his batting in the lase few matches. Like so many Indian cricketers, Gambir refuses to acknowledge the fact that he is free to move his front foot. His not-so-confident body language is written all over his face.

Ah, the hyped Rohit Sharma whose batting rarely clicks failed yet again. It is a rude treatment given by the team selection to Rahane. He is the best opening batsmen in India today and he is the only young cricketer who believes in himself firmly.

If I have a say, I would dump Gambir and install Rahane. A little bit of such treatments have proven to do wonders to cricketers.

What happened to Manoj Tiwari? Surely, he must have recovered from his injury! And then, there is Shikar Dawan, who is a very positive batsman. Why selectors are not looking at his direction?

Some other cricketers who seemed to have vanished from the newspapers are:
Sreesanth
Vinay Kumar
Parveen Kumar
Murali Vijay

Tell me, when was the last time their names looked up at you in the newspapers?

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: