Monday, December 17, 2012

The sad side of matrimonial sites.

When my friends and relatives narrated their rather unpleasant experience in looking for a suitable bride for their son, I firmly believed I would not go through similar experience. However, I am facing the harsh realities now.

It is not easy to identify a bride these days. Preferences have changed a lot and demands from brides' sides are mostly shocking. For example, I have seen one or two profiles from girls wh have just got a basic art degree and looking for U.S. settled groom.

அமெரிக்க மோஹம் ரொம்பவே வேரூன்றி இருக்கிறது.

I have registered my son's profile in two of the top matrimonial sites in India. I am getting more calls from the matrimonial sites' owners than from the brides. It seems majority of the brides are only interested in displaying their profile than having the basic courtesy to responses from the groom.

What I expect is a 'yes' or 'no' for my communication. I am disappointed that it is not so. I feel I have wasted Rs.4000 by upgrading my son's profile in one of the exclusive matrimonial sites.

Note:
This is a guest post from R.Badrinarayanan.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: