Monday, March 02, 2009

Bitter experience with yatra.com

My God, what an experience! My son requested me to book a flight ticket to Hyderabad to fly on 8th March. I paid through his ICICI bank account. After completing the payment, I was greeted with a message, "Payment declined by payment gateway".

When I checked my son's bank account, I saw the amount Rs.5647.00 has been deducted. Since then, for the past one hour, I have been trying to reach yatra.com over phone but in vain. Once, I was holding the phone online for 17 minutes hearing the repeated message, "Please hold while we try to connect to our customer service executive". I think they are all sitting in the moon and that is why the delay in contacting them.

I have tried to make a complaint to ICICI bank through their online contact form. In fact, the online submission form is still being processed. It has been saying, 'loading' since 15 minutes.

This is India for you. Inefficiency to the core and customer service cannot be spelled by these companies. I wonder where all the Indian efficiency is gone!

I don't know how to recover the money obviously lying in the bank account of Yatra.com

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

3 comments:

nodalofficer said...

Dear Sir,

Please write to us at nodalofficer@icicibank.com with your account number and contact details. Please use subject line as " Comments from Site".

Sincerely,

Nazia Sayeed
Office of Head Service Quality
ICICI Bank.

Rangan Badri said...

Thanks Nazia. I have done that.
I am surprised you read my blog post and acted swiftly. Very commendable.

Rangan Badri said...

Again, thank you ICICI bank for your swift action to get back my money.
Call me to have a coffee at my house.