Saturday, August 16, 2008

What is a gravatar?

I don't understand the purpose using avatar in the web. Somehow I don't get the hang of it. Mostly due to compulsion only, I upload some image (sometimes my picture) that I quickly get tired of looking at it and change it.

Recently I have been coming across the word, 'gravatar' which is an image we select to represent us. Any image goes along as long as it is not a copy righted material.
I quote:
"A gravatar, or globally recognized avatar, is quite simply an avatar image that follows you from weblog to weblog appearing beside your name when you comment on gravatar enabled sites."

I think the forums only started this practice which is now being followed by blogs and all the social media.

One grab a gravata from http://en.gravatar.com/

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: