Friday, August 20, 2010

Do you want to buy budget shutters?



Yesterday, I shopped around for budget shutters at the wrong place. I entered a popular furnishing shop knowing pretty well that they only sell up market blinds and shutters.

Since I have not visited the shop in the last 10 years, I anticipated they would have developed sense to cater to the needs of every segment. But no!, they have not changed a bit.

So, I retreated and called up a second sales dealer and inquired if he has something for me. He told me to drop in.

I am aware that of alternative shutter materials that are less expensive. Vinyl shutters are cheap but I wanted something different.

The dealer informed me I can buy wooden shutters at discount prices if I can locate a wholesaler. For interior shutters, wood is an ideal choice and the room itself will sport a rich look.

Basswood offers a fine, uniform texture with an indistinct grain, which makes it ideal for painting.

I have a ‘do it yourself’ book that explains how to install the shutters without a carpenter’s help.

I returned home empty handed.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments: